2009年12月15日火曜日

December 14 Homework

1.Have you ever eaten in a restaurant in a foreign country? Where? What did you eat? Did you make any mistakes? Please explain your experience.

I have never been abroad. So, I would like to talk about my experience of going to the French-like restaurant with my friend. The restaurant said their cuisine is based on French, but I know the restaurant is famous for its pizza. It is not a formal and traditional French restaurant. The dinner costed me less than 5000yen. Don't imagine the restaurant which is very expensive and has a dress-code.
Anyway, during the dinner, I was puzzled because I didn't know the proper way of eating the bread. I usually bite into a bread, but I knew it was not a good way. I tried to break the bread on the plate, but it was crumbled terribly. Maybe about half of the croissant was crumbled on the plate. In the end, I directly bit into a bread .

2. Did you learn anything?
I haven't knew what the proper way of eating a bread is. However, I learned that having dinner at the restaurant required table manner made me nervous and tired.

6 件のコメント:

  1. Hi, kang-fu!!
    I also don't know how to eat bread.
    I want to bit into the bread!haha
    If you can know, please tell me!!!

    返信削除
  2. >BERRY
    Thanks for your comment
    I haven't got any information about the way of eating bread. I also like to bite into the bread.

    返信削除
  3. Hello
    I'm also want to know how to eat bread in a good manner.
    Usually,I ate bread with butter by my hand without fork.^_^

    返信削除
  4. i was taught how to eat a bread in a good manner by my mother and grand mother when i was a little. and other table manners as well.
    but some times i faced the situation that i do not how to eat. i look around and follow somwone then. hehe

    返信削除
  5. I agree with your opinion.
    Sometimes Table manner is stressful for us while eating.
    I'd like to eat by the way I want, but I also think table manner is important to eat cleanly.

    返信削除
  6. Hi kng-fu,
    I agree with your opinion.
    And I also don't know how to eat a bread in the French restaurant.
    When I go to a formal restaurant, I sometimes am confused......ex how to eat a lobster.

    返信削除