2009年12月5日土曜日

November 16 Homework

please comment in your blog about Ms. Camilla's presentation. Which part surprised you the most? What kind of Danish food do you want to try?
I am surprised that ANDERSEN in Hondori was started by a man who was impressed on Danish bread. I have seen breads whose name are Danish roll or Danish pastry are sold at the supermarket. However, I didn't recognize they are from Denmark, because the name of the breads are written in Katakana. I think "Denish" is just a name of the bread. After her presentation, I first found デニッシュ means Danish and it makes me very surprised.
I want to eat a open sandwich with a fish. I seldom eat a bread with a fish, so I want to try it.

1.Do you think it is important to talk about superstitions in cross culture communication class? Why?
Yes. Because I think it is useful when we communicate with people in other countries.

2.Is communication affected by superstitions?
Yes. If a black cat walks through, I usually talk to my friend it is unlucky. (though I don't believe something unlucky will be really happened.) It sometimes can be a topic of conversation.
Also, I try to avoid doing something we think unlucky when I am talking with someone.

3.Do you believe in superstitions? If yes, what superstitions do you believe?Why do you do, use, or believe in them?
In fact, I think I don't believe in them. However, I will feel bad if someone do something we think unlucky. So, I try to avoid doing unlucky superstition in front of others in case they feel bad.

12 件のコメント:

  1. Hi Kang-fu,
    For example what in case do you want to avoid?
    I've never through under the ladder.

    返信削除
  2. I also don't believe in superstitions. Let's just ignore and forget about if it is bad things!

    返信削除
  3. Hi!
    I believe in superstitions, but I agree with your 3 question.
    We avoid unlucky superstitions!

    返信削除
  4. I know that! when my mother look black cat, she always say about this!If a black cat walks through, it might be unlucky.

    返信削除
  5. hi,
    i hane no idea that superstitions are useful to communicate.. any example??

    返信削除
  6. Hello, kang-fu.
    I agree with No.3 questions.
    I don't believe superstitions but If happend unlucky things around me, I think may relate to superstitions.

    返信削除
  7. Hi!
    I belive bad superstitions because I don't want become what's happend.
    I agree with your 3 ansewer.

    返信削除
  8. Hi!
    I believe good superstitions.
    It is different, and depends on you and me.

    返信削除
  9. learning foreign culture is need to know even superstitions. so I agree with you.
    we have a lot of differences, so it is fun, isn't it?

    返信削除
  10. Hello!
    I think that your opinion is good.
    When a black cat walks through. I also think it is unlucky.

    返信削除
  11. Hi
    I think so.
    I dint believe it ,too.
    so I think it is not important.

    返信削除
  12. Thanks for your comments!

    >candy
    For example, I will avoid serving eel and umebosi at a time when I invite a friend to my house.

    >lohengrin
    I agree with you. If we don't believe bad superstitons, our life will become more comfortable

    >carp
    I don't believe superstitons, but I don't want the believers to feel bad.

    >pankun
    I think we sometimes need to talk about meanderings to become closer with someone.

    >BECKY
    I think we can enjoy talking with our friends about something which is not so important. If you have information of superstions, your conversation may become more interesting.

    返信削除