2009年6月7日日曜日

May 24 Homework

1. How do you greet members of your family?
I usually say 'tadaima' and 'okaeri' to my family. I sometimes say 'ohayou' or 'oyasumi'. But, I think I never say 'konnichiwa' or 'konbanwa'.

2. How do you greet people that are important in society?
Maybe I will say 'ohayougozaimasu', 'konnichiwa' or ' konbanwa'.

3. Do you greet people from the opposite sex in a different way?
If I knew the people from the opposite sex well, I will greet them friendly.
But, when I greet people I don't know well, I think I greet women(people from the same sex) more friendly.

4. Do you hug anyone? If yes, who and when. If no, why not?
No, I don't. Because hug is not my custom. Also, I am very shy. If I hug someone, I feel very embarrassed and nervous. But, I don't mind foreign people hugging me.

My name has three chinese characters. They were not chosen by its meanings. I was named after my family's first-name. The first chinese character is from one of my grandmother's name's character. The second one is from one of another my grand mother's, and third one is from one of my mother's.

3 件のコメント:

  1. Hello!

    I agree with you.
    I never say "konnitiwa" or "konbanwa" in my family.

    I think your name is very good!!!

    返信削除
  2. > carp
    thank you for your comment!
    I think it is interesting that we don't say that expressions to our family members. I suppose konnitiwa and konbannwa may be polite expression.

    返信削除
  3. Hi,
    You feel very embarrassed and nervous when you hug someone. But, you don't mind foreign people hugging you.
    this opinion is really interested for me.
    I wander why you feel in the defferent ways like that.
    I guess this is because what culture both who hug are in. if one of us are in the culture which do hug, we are not nervous.
    However, if both of us are not in the culture which do it, we fell nervous.

    what do you think?

    返信削除