2009年10月18日日曜日

October 5 homework

1.Death and Funerals
a.Do you have any international friends or a host family?
No, I don't.
If not, then how would you express condolences to an American host family if their Grandmother died?
Firstly, I would say "I'm sorry to hear about her". Then, I try to avoid talking about her because I think talking about her is sad for the family members.

b. Have you ever been to a foreign funeral?
No, I haven't. I have been to only buddhism style funerals.

2. The language of Clothes
a.Why are Japanese designer label crazy? Why is what you wear so important?
Becouse someone who has designer label items looks fashionable, I think. Also, we can tell everyone that our clothes are not cheap by wearing branded clothes. I want people to think I am wearing fashionable and expensive clothes. So, I also like designer label clothes. ( but I can't afford to buy them.)

b.What does “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover.” mean to you?
I think it means we have to evaluate a book not only by its cover but also by its content. The cover is important to make someone pick up the book at bookstores. Also, if its content is not good, people give up to buy it. Maybe I have to care about both my clothes and my personality.

4 件のコメント:

  1. I can't afford to buy designer clothes either ;_ ; I know what I like, and I know what looks good, but it's too expensive to dress really nicely... so I kind of gave up, haha. I agree that it's best to think a little bit about how you look, but also think about your personality too. Balance is a good idea.

    返信削除
  2. Hello
    I agree with you,too.
    First,I would say "I'm sorry to hear about that news." Then,try to avoid talking about her. Because I think if I still talking about her,her family members will become more and more sad.

    返信削除
  3. Thanks for your comments!

    >Akai
    Designer clothes are really expensive. However, if they become cheap, we may not feel they are fashionable.

    >applepie
    I remember my friends cried when I asked about her mother. (I didn't know she has already passed away.) So, I become very cautious about talking about person who died.

    返信削除
  4. Hello!
    I think so, too.
    It is important to care appearance and content.
    However it is very important....

    返信削除